Posted by Johnny Joe James on September 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM
- Use initials instead of first names on mail boxes and phone listings.
- Avoid remaining alone in an apartment laundry room or parking garage.
- Never admit on the telephone or at the door that you are alone.
- It is risky to accept a ride home from someone you have just met.
- If you decide to physically resist assault, remember that your goal is to incapacitate the attacker long enough to run to safety and get help.
- If you have been a victim of sexual assault, call the police immediately. Do not bathe or change clothes or you may destroy evidence.
Categories: Around Town, Home Safety